Rate Dr. Peter Kokan

Dr. Peter Kokan's Ratings

Dr. Kokan is a great doctor/surgeon. But his receptionist needs to learn how to treat his patients. She is the rudest person I ever had to deal with.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2539603].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 17, 2014

I'm going to file a proper complaint about this person called pseudo-receptionist. She is incredibly rude, extremely ignorant and just a nasty NASTY human being. Is incredible how someone with no education and null personal skills is still working.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2518749].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 29, 2014

I never had a problem with Dr. Kokan's receptionist. She was friendly and very professional when I talked to her. She does not do chit chat and small talk but that's fine with me. It's too bad other people had a bad experience with her, I think she is great.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1128534].votes_count ]]

Submitted June 10, 2013

I agree with the many emails about Dr. Kokans receptionist being rude and a horrible human being. I experienced her not wanting to make an appt. for me with Dr. Kokan, being sworn at on the telephone (I wish I could of taped the telephone conversation but was at work and couldn't) and being just plain nasty and rude. She even hang up on me. Burnaby Hospital and many other doctors know of her reputation and said there is nothing they can do about it. It's up to Dr. Kokan. I know my Dr. won't refer anyone to Dr. Kokan anymore because of this witch. This is a plea for Dr. Kokan to replace this nasty person with someone that actually likes working with people and is 1/2 human at least. Please Dr. Kokan if you read this do something about that witch that you call your receptionist. I'm thinking of printing all these comments and mailing it to Dr. Kokan. My one hope is that this hag will retire soon as she must be 65.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1128533].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 9, 2013

Any positive comments on here about the staff being nice, are either about a second office staff or temp relief, or they are damage control placed by the receptionist or her friends. She is so rude. Told me she told me I could not talk to the doctor about any problem other than my knee -- but Dr. Kokan didn't feel that way at all - because my problems are connected. BUT worse that that, I have now been waiting for 6 WEEKS for her to do ONE piece of paperwork, which is get a referral signed by the doctor and fax it back to the hospital. They have tried, I have tried and she is RUDE, even obnoxious to all of us, and she simply doesn't do it. It is such a shame that unions protect such useless employees and even more of tragedy that a great doctor like Dr. Kokan is stuck with this obnoxious woman! Obvious how ignorant she is -- how do you get up and go to work every day when there are about 20 complaints on Rate MDs about you. SHOWS SHE DOES NOT CARE!!! Patients do not deserve this!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1128532].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 13, 2013

I believe Peter Kokan is a competent surgeon and a nice guy...His receptionist, on the other hand, is without question the WORST receptionist of any kind I have EVER dealt with. On top of her rudeness, ignorance and all round negativity, this "person" is incompetent. Her paperwork is poor and inaccurate. She has a DREADFUL reputation with the hospital staff where my surgery was performed. Any reference of Kokan's receptionist with the hospital staff is typically met with a scowl or a rueful laugh followed by a, shall we say, "colorful" description of this woman's attitude, ability and nature.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1128531].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2012

After reading all of the comments on here i was a little apprehensive about my shoulder surgery with Dr. Kokan. I had my surgery at False Creek in Vancouver (maybe the bad reviews are not coming from the private clinic). The staff was amazing, no crazy receptionist here. The staff was also very helpful leading up to the surgery. As for Dr. Kokan, he was great. He spent a lot of time talking to me before the surgery, and answering my concerns. Based on our conversation he is a very honest man. As for the surgery, it went very well. I give the doc two thumbs up, and would not hesitate to recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1128530].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 26, 2012

Despite the fact that he made an error in my initial surgery, I still trust him as a doctor. His mistake could have been made by any surgeon, and at least he admitted it and did what he could to repair it. The receptionist is the problem. I work in the healthcare industry so speak with a lot of doctor office receptionists. She is the worst. I brought it up to Dr. Kokan, and I know he had her go for sensitivity training in 2010 or 2011. She improved for a few months but apparently is back to her old ways. Surgery is stressful and she makes it worse. She has made me cry on at least 3 occasions in the 2 years I have gone through this. I just see him in the hospital now rather than dealing with the trauma of having to see her.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1128529].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 12, 2012

I an pretty new in this country, with a broken leg! I have never met anything like him. First of all, the puntuality, please prepare your self for about 1 hr and 30 min wait. A desorganized team and rude secretary. But that is not the worse it could get. I think peoples time deserve some respect, because for every appt I have to get some time off work. What was actually unbeliavable was wait 3 months and been there waiting for 1.5 hrs to see him and get an apologie for not having your images and report, and not having any answer for my problem. Its been a few times an I still waiting for options, to my treatment. Please people, do not waste your time with Drs that will not have respect for your time and will not help you to get treated

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1128528].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 4, 2011

Dr Kokan was very pleasant and professional I read this site before going to his office - was scared to death as to how I would be treated by his receptionist - Have no idea what all these negative "people" are talking about - she greeted me with a smile - was extremely friendly -I listened closely to how she spoke on the phone and how she talked to other pts. Seriously, she could NOT be nicer - I am almost 70 and have seen a great number of receptionist in action over the years - I am not kidding she was one of the nicest I have ever encountered - she phoned 3 different clinics to arrange an ultrasound and was able to narrow my waiting time from 6 months down to 2 weeks. A very kind undertaking considering how busy she was. She did this while pleasantly attending to other patients. I am convinced that the same person (obviously disgruntled)has either repeatedly rated this office or they have had friends do it for them The consensus on this site could not be further from the truth

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1128527].votes_count ]]