Rate Dr. Peter Kokan

Dr. Peter Kokan's Ratings

Dr. Peter Kokan has repaired both of my knees (different times- each), and my Shoulder. For each procedure it involved - X-rays, blood tests, paper work and yes a few appointments. Yes you do have to wait sometimes for a long time to get in to see him, but that is because he takes his time with each and every patient. He cares; and he wants to answer all of you concerns. I will gladly wait my turn knowing that all of my fears and or questions will be addressed. I fine very few Doctors will take the time to answer more than 2 or 3 questions without telling you that your time is up. As for his secretary, she is a human being too. She listens to your request and answers them and is willing to work with you. But I've seen many people go up to her and treat her like a inanimate object, barking out at her because the Doctor is taking too long. She is doing her job, If you watch her, you will see that she is not siting around doing her nails or talking up a storm with a friend. She may be quick and to the point, that is not rude. She does not chat up the patients, she is far too busy. You are there to see the Doctor, not chit chat with his assistant. I feel sorry for those who do not understand that the world does not revolve around them.
I recommend the Doctor and his staff to anyone!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2622799].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 17, 2014

Horrible experience. He misfiled my referral so I waited an extra 9 months to get in. Went to the office and had to wait in the hallway for an hour and a half as the office door was locked. I called the office numerous times and no one picked up. I went to my doctor the same day and asked for a referral to someone else. If a doctor doesn't even have the respect to let you in to the office ot take care of my referral than I don't trust him for an operation. The one time I talked to the secretary she was very helpful. Not to mention that the animal hospital down below looks more inviting than his office.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2614141].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 10, 2014

No idea how this rude receptionist still has a job . Never met a ruder person in my life .

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2605260].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 4, 2014

Dr. Kokan is a great doctor/surgeon. But his receptionist needs to learn how to treat his patients. She is the rudest person I ever had to deal with.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2539603].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 17, 2014

I'm going to file a proper complaint about this person called pseudo-receptionist. She is incredibly rude, extremely ignorant and just a nasty NASTY human being. Is incredible how someone with no education and null personal skills is still working.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2518749].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 29, 2014

I never had a problem with Dr. Kokan's receptionist. She was friendly and very professional when I talked to her. She does not do chit chat and small talk but that's fine with me. It's too bad other people had a bad experience with her, I think she is great.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1128534].votes_count ]]

Submitted June 10, 2013

I agree with the many emails about Dr. Kokans receptionist being rude and a horrible human being. I experienced her not wanting to make an appt. for me with Dr. Kokan, being sworn at on the telephone (I wish I could of taped the telephone conversation but was at work and couldn't) and being just plain nasty and rude. She even hang up on me. Burnaby Hospital and many other doctors know of her reputation and said there is nothing they can do about it. It's up to Dr. Kokan. I know my Dr. won't refer anyone to Dr. Kokan anymore because of this witch. This is a plea for Dr. Kokan to replace this nasty person with someone that actually likes working with people and is 1/2 human at least. Please Dr. Kokan if you read this do something about that witch that you call your receptionist. I'm thinking of printing all these comments and mailing it to Dr. Kokan. My one hope is that this hag will retire soon as she must be 65.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1128533].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 9, 2013

Any positive comments on here about the staff being nice, are either about a second office staff or temp relief, or they are damage control placed by the receptionist or her friends. She is so rude. Told me she told me I could not talk to the doctor about any problem other than my knee -- but Dr. Kokan didn't feel that way at all - because my problems are connected. BUT worse that that, I have now been waiting for 6 WEEKS for her to do ONE piece of paperwork, which is get a referral signed by the doctor and fax it back to the hospital. They have tried, I have tried and she is RUDE, even obnoxious to all of us, and she simply doesn't do it. It is such a shame that unions protect such useless employees and even more of tragedy that a great doctor like Dr. Kokan is stuck with this obnoxious woman! Obvious how ignorant she is -- how do you get up and go to work every day when there are about 20 complaints on Rate MDs about you. SHOWS SHE DOES NOT CARE!!! Patients do not deserve this!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1128532].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 13, 2013

I believe Peter Kokan is a competent surgeon and a nice guy...His receptionist, on the other hand, is without question the WORST receptionist of any kind I have EVER dealt with. On top of her rudeness, ignorance and all round negativity, this "person" is incompetent. Her paperwork is poor and inaccurate. She has a DREADFUL reputation with the hospital staff where my surgery was performed. Any reference of Kokan's receptionist with the hospital staff is typically met with a scowl or a rueful laugh followed by a, shall we say, "colorful" description of this woman's attitude, ability and nature.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1128531].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2012

After reading all of the comments on here i was a little apprehensive about my shoulder surgery with Dr. Kokan. I had my surgery at False Creek in Vancouver (maybe the bad reviews are not coming from the private clinic). The staff was amazing, no crazy receptionist here. The staff was also very helpful leading up to the surgery. As for Dr. Kokan, he was great. He spent a lot of time talking to me before the surgery, and answering my concerns. Based on our conversation he is a very honest man. As for the surgery, it went very well. I give the doc two thumbs up, and would not hesitate to recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1128530].votes_count ]]