Rate Dr. Daniel Hughes

Dr. Daniel Hughes's Ratings

I am very thank you to Dr Hughes for taking the time to video conference with us as we live so far. He was so understanding and helped us with so many questions.His knowledge is unbelievable and its too bad we don't have more dr.s like him in our area.Thank you is not enough to say about yourself and your staff. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1128763].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 28, 2012

Dr Hughes is fantastic. Extremely knowledgeable and wonderful at explaining our daughter's TEF related problems and tracheomalacia. Great with toddlers.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1128762].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 6, 2011

Dr. Hughes listened to my problem, and examined my baby carefully. He asked lots of questions and really made me feel we were the only patient that morning, even though there was a waiting room full after us. Dr. Hughes provides excellent care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1128761].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 24, 2011

We received very good care from this doctor and his staff. Our daughter no longer has to take asthma puffers everyday but only when she has flu symptoms. His medication regimen has worked for her and with no antibiotics.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1128760].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 4, 2010

I've had good experiences with this doctor (for my baby with chronic lung disease). He takes his time, and is up to date on new research. I feel that he DOESN'T overprescribe.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1128759].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 11, 2009

I adore this physician. He is kind and truly cares about children. He realizes they have lives outside of the hospital. He is dependable and always there unlike other physicians I have visited. I wish we had more people like him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1128758].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 12, 2008

Dr. Hughes is undoubtedly an amazing doctor. He is a careful listener, extremely knowledgeable and has treated my daughters and family with the utmost genuine respect for the past ten years. We have seen other doctors (while living in ON)for my daughters' CF and they do not come close to the professionalism, respect, and care we have received from Dr. Hughes! A+

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1128757].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 26, 2008

I went to Doctor Hughes as a child (about 15 years ago). I remember that as a child, I liked him, he was very friendly. Problems arose when I became old enough to know a bit more about what was happening with my body. When I began to question and say that I was having problems, he disagreed with me and did nothing to help. He went as far as claiming that I just wanted my asthma to go away. After months of being unable to function normally (missing school etc.) and after being hospitalized, changes were finally made but it took my mother pushing for help, and the support of others who worked in the Asthma clinic for anything to happen. I refused to see him for about three or four years. I went to back to him again, at the age of sixteen because problems had appeared again and all he did was accuse me of overdosing on my medication instead of considering what was happening with my asthma. I think he changed when I became old enough to question him, know my own body and name the problem.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1128756].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 15, 2008

My son was born with respiratory problems and we went to Dr. Hughes when we were to the point of taking him to Emerg constantly and not knowing what to do to help him. We found he was very quick to load him onto medications, including oral steroids very frequently which had awful side effects. He was unwilling to try anything new, even when what we were trying didn't work and we begged for an alternate option. During a hospitalization, I spoke to my GP about it and he recommended an beingn oral medication and I asked that my son be put on it. Dr Hughes said OK and within two doses, he was a new child. Why he didn't think of trying this on his own is beyond me. Now my son just has to take one pill a day and he has been great ever since starting it. Dr. Hughes is a very nice man and great with the kids and his support staff are wonderful. He just seems very short-sighted and not open to going off his comfotable routine treatment route of puffers, masks and oral steroids.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1128755].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 10, 2008

When I was a patient of Dr. Hughes he told my parents that the cause of my illness was stress in our home. He quickly dropped me as a patient, because my GP told him that he, Dr. Hughes was on "the wrong track." Unfortunately, since that time my lungs have progressed into an advanced lung disease. At least this proves that my parents were not the cause of my illness nor was our family life stressful. Dr. Hughes was a wonderful and caring doctor until my family doctor told him that he was on "the wrong track". He then took his frustrations out on my parents and me rather than discussing my case with my family doctor like a professional should. He certaintly didn't want a GP to tell him that he might have made the wrong diagnosis. Dr. Hughes simply didn't want anything more to do with my care and did not want to admit to us that he did not fully understand my lung condition. I hope he never did anything else like this to another innocent child or teen with respiratory disease.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1128754].votes_count ]]