Rate Dr. Marianne Russell

Dr. Marianne Russell's Ratings

I have been looking for a family doctor after having a baby and called Dr. Russell's office to see if they were taking patients. The assistant was abrupt and booked me an appointment righr away without answering my question. I showed up for the first time to see her arriving from a 40 minute transit commute with a 2 month old to find the office was closed. I waited 40 mins as it was close to lunch time and no one showed. I left a note asking them to call to reschedule and no one called. I also tried calling for the week after and never got through. What a disgusting way to run a professional business. If you want to be treated like a human being, don't go here.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2544001].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 20, 2014

I have had no problems with the staff. Actually, the lady who works there is very good, she knows what's going on and very helpful. Dr Russell is great with my son. I could not be more happy. Yes, sometimes you have to wait. that means she a good dr. Does everyone complain when they wait everywhere else?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2542490].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2014

Dr Russell is a very good doctor but her 2 staffs (the lady and the asian man are soooo unprofessional, very RUDE
who are those ppl???

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2541182].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2014

The office staff was actually quite pleasant and kind prior to August 2014. The new Asian male receptionist/nurse that took over most shifts thereafter is the worst. I concur with everything that is said in the previous review concerning this gentleman. He makes very inappropriate remarks when talking to patients and although it may not be intentional, it is still nonetheless very unprofessional. He is also very incompetent when conducting his administrative assistant duties. There also seems to be a huge problem due to a language barrier, he isn’t too fluent in English. As for Dr. Russell, she may be knowledgeable, but she rushes her appointments and thus wastes patients’ time for not carefully examining the root of the problem. I feel like this is a trend for most physicians in the Lower Mainland, however Russell is a tad worse. There are times when she has already reached for the door and dismissed you despite the fact you have yet to even express all your concerns. She fails to explain things too, and think it’s the patients’ job to do their own research... And when you actually do the research, she will think you are overthinking things and pin it on you. In short, do not waste your time with her if you actually need immediate attention or fast referrals.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2528099].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 8, 2014

Mixed rating. Dr Marianne Russell is amazing. I find her very knowledgeable and to the point. She doesn't waste time once she's actually in the office with you. I like all of her staff... EXCEPT the Asian man. He is so inappropriate, he made comments that "it's been a long time" since my last pap.. I was only trying to ask him if my fax was in. Don't make comments about my pap, something you know nothing about. It hadn't even been a year. He wastes everyone's time. He called me into the office, nearly hit me in the face with the door and then told me they were full and shut the door in my face. So why did you call me up?? These are only 2 reasons I cannot stand this incompetent man.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2519030].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 29, 2014

Dr. M Russell's receptionist is the rudest lady I've ever spoke with. She is very unprofessional, and makes you feel like your time isn't worth didley. It's the little things that make visiting your GP a good experience :(

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2482700].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 1, 2014

I love Dr. Russell's new location and staff. The clinic is very professional. Thank you Dr. Russell for providing our family with great care!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1129293].votes_count ]]

Submitted Feb. 9, 2014

Dr. Russell has been my Doctor for a number of years now, and I am very happy with her as my GP. I recommend her very highly to anyone looking for a Doctor. I really like her informal style and her humour. The last time I was in, I was going through a difficult time in my life, and while she was out of the room for something, she asked the student Doc working with her to show me a funny video from You tube to help cheer me up. I have found her to be very understanding and empathetic, as well as challenging me in taking care of my own health issues. She refers to specialists when needed, follow up is very good, and gives attention to detail.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1129290].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 7, 2013

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1129289].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 22, 2012

I agree with all neg comments above. If u think this doc has given u great service u are perhaps a tad oblivious and I worry for ur health. This lady rushes me out the door every single time without fail. It's hard to ask questions to someone when their other hand is on the doorknob slowly opening the door to leave u midway through a sentence. How can u possibly give any sort of proper diagnosis under those circumstances. I don't think I've ever been in a room with her longer than 1 min. I've been going to this walk-in & apparantly she 'took me on as a patient' without my knowledge, & now I can't switch to one of the better docs at the clinic. I've been avoiding going there & finding other clinics to go to. Never had this experience anywhere else b4, I would avoid her at all cost. Or it may cost u more of ur health in the end. Don't take anything she prescribes without doin ur homework on it, she tends to prescribe dangerous meds for small issues. Her med knowledge needs some work.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1129288].votes_count ]]