Rate Dr. James C. Zmolek

Dr. James C. Zmolek's Ratings

Meniscus trim/repair was the operation Dr Zmolek and his team performed. After three months I am still walking with a cane. Dr Z consulted with me only over the phone before the operation, and trying to get an appointment to see him in what I would consider a timely fashion since my p.t. has ended has been impossible. I expect, from his reputation, he is a great surgeon, but I have been disappointed with his pre- and post-operative interest.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1130037].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 3, 2013

Dr. Z did my knee replacement in 2008 and what a great job! NO INFECTION! I now walk pain free and can get anywhere I want. I have referred him to at least 5 other persons who have all had great out comes.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1130036].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 30, 2011

I had a torn rotator cuff. Many people told me I would be in pain for weeks, but after 2 days I felt no pain. He's a great surgeon, funny and a good listener.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1130035].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 2, 2010

He has done two surgerys on Me for two different things and both time have been excellent

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1130034].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 29, 2010

Dr.Z is the best! In 2001 my car went off an 80' cliff. I had multiple compound fractures in my lower right leg, including the loss of half of my ankle, broke both knees & right wrist.After a month I left the hospital & Dr.Z got my case. He has guided my recovery for the last 7 years, and performed 8 surgeries. Every one healed quickly w/ no infection. My total knee replcment was Fri am, I was home Sun afternoon. There's no standard way to rebuild an ankle like mine, so we work together to find an answer. He sends me to top orthopedic specialists (UCLA, SCOI,etc) & when I bring him info about new procedures, he always follows up & lets me know if it could work for me. If I take a fall, or something new shows up on my leg & worries me I can go to his office at 4-4:30, with no appt, he'll fit me in after he's done with all his scheduled appts. He is genuine, caring, funny & a big Lakers fan like me. Most folks say they 'have to' go to the Dr. Lucky me, I 'get to' go to Dr.Z

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1130033].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 24, 2008

Zmolek did my complete knee replacement in 2004 which as most successful. I would highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1130032].votes_count ]]