Dr. Kimberly J. Anderson

Rate Dr. Kimberly J. Anderson

Dr. Kimberly J. Anderson's Ratings

I think there are many misconceptions about midwife-directed births. One of those is that they are expensive. The truth is that midwives charge a fraction what OBs charge. Anyway I was a late transfer (9 months pregnant) because I was uneasy with my OB. Kim welcomed me to the midwife group with open arms. She was so knowledgeable and put me at ease. She had helpful tips in preparation for birth and for labor. This was my third birth and she gave me tips I never heard of before! She had a birth plan that SHE gave to ME and I was free to add or change things and discuss them to her without feeling like an idiot (as I felt with my former OB). We were totally on the same page about the natural birth I wanted. She really listened, knew my concerns and met me where I was. I started begging for an epidural and instead of giving in she had OTHER suggestions. I made it through and had my daughter naturally, without any intervention (no IV, no BP cuff). I am SO proud of myself! Thank you Kim!

Submitted Sept. 23, 2010 | flag

Very patient, calm, and caring.

Submitted Sept. 26, 2008 | flag