Dr. Scott L. Beals

Grad. Year: 1994

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 2.9 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 10 reviews. Dr. Scott L. Beals has a fair overall rating on RateMDs.com. neutral

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Dermatologist-related: skin disease, warts, acne, rash, dermatitis, skin tumors, moles, skin cancer, psoriasis
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5592905
02/07/14 3 5 1 1 My objection with this doctor is that I went in with a problem on my skin which one of his PAs immediately removed and sent for biopsy. Returning to have the wound check and to receive the results of the biopsy, I was told the patch was either eczema or psoriasis. Why, then, didn't they treat it as such instead of scarring me? After the biopsy, I was prescribed (without my permission) a cream for these conditions which I do not have. Whatever I had had been removed.  Respond
RID: 4915116

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' rating (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.4  Respond

19/01/14 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 3612066
21/11/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Beals and his staff were very friendly. I didn't have to wait very long and I felt that they really cared about my well being. I would recommend Dermatology Surgery Centers to anyone I know!
Paid (or co-pay): $30
Respond

21/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Scott" to "Scott L."
RID: 2664133

28/05/13 3 3 3 3 Office staff was not very friendly, very matter of fact with some billing errors they made. Dr was not very personable, did not speak to patient/family but only to direct the nurse practictioner in making sure she did what she was supposed to (made us feel like we were not with a experienced or knowledgeable care giver) I have heard very similiar stories from others that have been to this office. Seems he is more concerned with volume of patients, than quality of care, and caring for patients... not a good feeling :(
See Responses

19/05/13 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 2650913
17/05/13 5 5 5 5 The staff is excellent and a pleasure to deal with on a daily basis.  Respond
RID: 2649512
15/05/13 5 5 5 5 I was very nervous about some spots that appeared on my back so i went in to see Dr. Beals. He and his staff were very kind. Dr. Beals took time with me to go over my options. I felt very comfortable and well taken care of!
RID: 2535344

18/01/13 1 3 2 1 Horrible office staff. I only saw the doctor once but getting past his staff was too difficult so I went elsewhere. Do not waste your time with the incompetancy in this office. I thought he was nice but just not up to date on latest procedures.
Insurance: Tricare
See Responses
RID: 2483801

27/11/12 1 1 1 1 I will never go back to Beals nor anyother DO. Beals isn't an MD, btw. He couldn't get into a real med school, apparently. I waited over an hour & then had to talk to his assistant as a stall tactic while he was in surgery. I actually was perspiring it was so hot in that room & I was there from 1-4PM. He was a terrible listener & didn't seem to believe & was uninterested in what I told him about my experience...he was imperiously alouf. Very frustrating 4 me. He barely looked @ me & used no light or magnification to get a better look @ my problem b/c he didn't care, apparently. He couldn't ID my problem so he called it something it clearly is not as to save face w the staff that was standing around evesdropping, making me uncomfortable. He told me to come back in 2 wks. No way I'm going back to that pompus, incompetent, uncaring quack! No, I don't recommend him.  See Responses
RID: 1651415

03/12/11 2 3 1 2 Horrible Bedside manner, made comments about my sex life because I had a large tumor on my back, also said I looked like :Godzilla: The whole place is bad. They didn't inform me that I should not take asprin before treatments. I was a self pay, and they overcharged me as well.  Respond
RID: 1527154
31/08/11 2 4 2 3 He refused to do more than one skin surgery at a time because Medicare would only pay for one at a time. Instead of being candid, he accused Medicare of forcing him to do only one surgery at a time because Medicare was unfair. The patient was too ill to visit him multiple times and he was beseeched to do them all at once anyway. He refused and instead did a scraping procedure that may or may not have been effective. The staff was also very derogatory toward Medicare, while the patient's experience with Medicare has been exemplary. On the one hand, they criticize a fantastic health care program while on the other they collect the maximum payment they can from the same program. This appears to be unethical to me.
Insurance: Medicare