Rate Dr. Kareem M. Abu-Elmagd

Dr. Kareem M. Abu-Elmagd's Ratings

Dr. Kareem Abu-Elmagd is dedicated to his patients and families. He is passionate about his patients and his work as a pioneer of transplantation. My husband would have died if not for Dr. Kareem and his team in Pittsburgh. We are happy that he is much closer to us now at the Cleveland Clinic. Dr. Kareem is never too busy to answer e-mails or calls from his patients or family members. He is amazing! "Humility means knowing and using your strength for the benefit of others, on behalf of a higher purpose." - Alan Ross

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2536415].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 14, 2014

Dr. Kareem is an amazing doctor. He saved my daughter's life!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2482708].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 29, 2014

Dr. Kareem is the most compassionate and amazing surgeon there is. I have shadowed him multiple times in his office and in the operating room and strongly disagree with anyone who says that he treats his staff incorrectly. His staff LOVES him and I hear them say countless times that they would retire if he ever retired. He works hours on end to make sure that he performs at his best and gets the majority of his patients out healthy and happy. There is nobody as hard working and dedicated as he is and before judging, think of the long days he works to help people like YOU. Find the good in people. Look deeper into problems and most certainly don't talk before you know what goes on behind the scenes. He is a true angel that cares. Without him, our medical field would not be the way that it is regarding organ transplants. I would hands-down without hesitation recommend him to the people that I love most.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2482707].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 17, 2014

Dr Kareem is one of a kind. He is a very gifted surgeon and very blessed. He has just so much time to do what he has to do for so many people, so when others aren't on the same page, it can be upsetting to those folks. Thank you for giving me my daughter 5 additional years Dr Kareem.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1131130].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 30, 2013

He in doubt is a gifted surgeon but he is very condescending to women in general. He has broken the record at Upmc for how bad he treats nurses and how many he has made cry. If your treated like a God then you begin to act like one. Everyone is well aware of how he treats people and his horrible bedside manner. When you are in a life or death situation you just want to live and he is very good at that. As a whole considering all the surgeons I worked with .. They don't have the best bedside manner. If I have to choose I want it all for the amount of money this top heavy healthcare system costs. If I know your competent, certified and gifted.. I want to be able to talk with you and fill comfortable if you are cutting me open!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1131129].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 3, 2013

Very condescending, and easily bothered if you ask too many questions. He mistreats nurses regularly in front of patients and while he is knowledgeable and seems caring most times, his bed side manners need much improvement. He saved my life once and will be grateful, but the emotional toll on wife and family due to his rudeness at times is hard to swallow. I was told it is because of the different culture of where he comes from. May be. But he's been here a long time and should know what to say and not to say. He is a prima donna no doubt, but if you can take the abuse, go with him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1131132].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 25, 2012

My father-in-law came to Dr. Kareem after surgeons in major hospitals in the DC, Baltimore, and Richmond area said there was no hope. He had a coloscopy bag and all other specialists said he would always have to wear it and would probably die in 6 months. Dr. Kareem was able to reconect him and he is still living after 10 years. Thank you Dr. Kareem and staff

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1131128].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 27, 2011

I have had several abdominal surgeries and my prognosis looked dim until I met Dr. Kareem. Dr. Kareem is an unbeliebable surgeon and his staff is always on top of things. They are in my experience of seeing many doctors, surgeons, oncologists, radiologists, ets. the BEST!! and they truely care abuot their patients. Anyone needing any type of abdominal surgery or if they have any obscure condition or disease in the abdomin must see him. He not only saved my life but he gave me a quality of life. I was able to return to work and work full time. I have three small children and I am able to keep up with them. He strives not to keep you alive but so you have a life. Dr. Kareem did what no other surgeon could do. I just wish I went to him first.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1131127].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 20, 2010

I trust Dr. Kareem with my daughter's life. I know she's in the best hands possible.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1131126].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 27, 2010

Dr Kareem is by far the most caring compassionate and dedicated Doctor/Person I have ever came across in the medical field. If it were not for him my sister would not be alive today. He stands behind his oath of a doctor and does not want any recognition for his outstanding work, giving all the credit to God for saving lives. His staff (Dr. Costa, Dr. Woo, all the nurses and coordinators) also go above and beyond for not only the patient but the entire family as well. After putting in a long day at clinic and god knows how many hours of surgery, he never loses the smile on his face or his sense of humor. I would sing praise to the roof tops for Dr. Kareem and his whole staff and would without hesitation recommend him to anyone in need of his services.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1131125].votes_count ]]