Rate Dr. John Dickinson

Dr. John Dickinson's Ratings

Very rude, very ignorant, unhelpful, very disappointed with this Doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2442969].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 11, 2014

Always professional, knowledgeable, highly concentrated on the eye problem. If I wanted a conversation, I would go to Tim Hortons, After being blind for the past 1 1/2yrs, I am indebted to this wonderful man and his amazing skills. I have vision restored in right eye and in 2014 hope for similar results in my left eye. After triple bypass in April/13, trust me, there are worse things than vision loss.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1131737].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 28, 2013

my brother saw this doctor when he was 17...he went down with hemorrhage in the back of the eye ..doc gave him no help but only furthered the problem...he is now completely blind due to this neglect...he some how forgot to tell my brother he was highly susceptible to infection...but he didn't forget to tell him after...oops!!...rude...ignorant...unfriendly...impatient...with a huge god like complex...please do not see this doctor if referred...he ruined a young mans life and has no remorse...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1131739].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 10, 2013

I saw Dr. Dickinson about a month ago. I flew home just for the appointment. He was not helpful, did not give me time to have any questions answered. Was more worried about if I had insurance and did not like the idea of filling out a form. Said I probably would not be covered anyway. Then, told me the province would not be of any help and listed his fees and the cost of the injections. Then, proceeded to get upset when asked if my condition had advanced when comparing the 2 scans .Said his scan was the only one that counted! Seems he is more concerned about the money then helping people keep their sight. Have not heard one word back since he received notice that my insurance company denied any coverage. I have since found a more ethical doctor who took time to go over my condition . Dr. Dickinson may be the best , but, needs to take a course on "how to treat people." and seem so uncaring.I read about him before my appointment,but, nothing could have prepared me for his treatment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1131736].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 11, 2013

Dr. Dickinson has done several retinal surgeries for me but in the end I have a silicone bubble which is the only thing holding the retina in place. While he makes a small effort to be courteous, he is much too rushed. I am of course disappointed that he can do nothing more about my problem, but I know little about such things and since he is the best we have, there is little to no choice. As for Wendy and her 'uniform' at least you know she;s a nurse and not one of the cleaning staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1131735].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 30, 2012

This Dr. is inept , rude , carless and has little regard for his patients.Shoule have his surgical lisence revoked.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1131738].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2011

I cannot believe the FOCUS this Dr. has. He has an unreal ability to concentrate. Very caring and answered all my questions. Too bad the clinic is so busy. Dr. is always running around and can't spend loads of time with everyone but was totally worth it. Wouldn't prefer anyone else for my mother's care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1131734].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 6, 2011

My father got surgery and he was so unprofessional on the follow ups. They would go to ask a question and he would say "Listen To ME"!!! he was very ignorant and rude. Gave different answers all the time. He never once took the time to help my parents understand what has been going on. He is the worse doctor that my father has seen. He should not be a medical Dr. if he doesn't like dealing with the public. I wouldn't even give him a 1 but I had too......DO not go to him if you are referred.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1131733].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 5, 2011

Just saw this doctor last week and was so impressed. Found the problem right away, then offered to take an even closer look at my eyes just to give a complete assessment even though I know he was very busy and didn't have a lot of time. He was so caring and knowledgeable. I am surprised at the negative comment on here about the "old-school" nurse; she is one of the best!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1131732].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 18, 2011

Dr. Dickenson operated on a detch retna about three years ago. He was very professional, to the point, explained everything, and excellent on the follow ups. To me he is a God send. highly recommend to all who have eye issues. I would let him operate on both eyes at the same time he is that good. I understand why he is busy, because he is excellent! I nor my wife could not say enough good about his skills as an eye surgeon. Thank him for taking his profession seriously.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1131731].votes_count ]]