Dr. Maria Carmen Visus

Grad. Year: 1990

Answers Email: N
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 04/07/12    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 3.8 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 11 reviews. Dr. Maria Carmen Visus has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

14/04/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.2
RID: 4414857
29/01/14 3 1 3 4 Her staff is friendly enough, but I have never seen the doctor in under 30 mins. Waiting that long is unacceptable without being checked on or letting me know what the delay is. Feel forgotten.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1410506
08/04/11 2 2 3 2 Not sure what to think anymore. I wanted an internal medicine doctor to be with me the remainder of my life, but not so sure this is the one. No follow-up after having a major incident.
RID: 740255
09/12/08 3 4 5 5 Excellent doctor, I've used her for years. Always listens intently and is very careful with meds - to ensure no adverse interactions. I LOVE her. Totally comfortable with sharing all feelings and she is caring and compassionate. Her staff is lacking, not great about calling back and the nurses are not that great - but she is worth it!
RID: 720583
12/11/08 4 5 4 4 The staff up front often are visiting with each other when I go to get my appointment before I am leaving. This creates a delay when I need to be going to work, etc. Several of the office staff are nice, but her nurse is not very friendly at all - in fact just the opposite. While she is not rude, I agree that she is totally lacking in any personable skills, cold and distant, and does not instill trust. The doctor I could not comment on other than, I just started seeing her and am already wondering why on earth the person who referred me to her thinks that this office is so 'wonderful'
RID: 638717
14/07/08 4 5 5 5 I have been a patient for years and she is wonderful. She alwys asks about family, she does exams. Phone calls to her office are answered punctually and she and her associate are very understanding, and is cooperative when you call for help or refill of prescriptions. I like her immensely and have recommended her to many of my friends. She is tops! One of her nurses does not appear very informed (educated). Poor grammar and appearance.
Paid (or co-pay): $25
RID: 635641
10/07/08 1 2 5 5 staff up front without any personality, mostly uncaring, unhelpful. were it not that Dr. visus is the total opposite of what her staff presents, i would not return.
Insurance: Humana
RID: 580516
01/05/08 4 3 5 5 Love this doctor! Best doctor I've ever seen! Always takes her time with you, you never feel rushed. She remembers you and what you discussed last time, even if it was a year ago. She does all my exams, including my "well woman" ones. Very friendly! Takes your issues/concerns seriously, and gives a thoughtful response to everything. I'd feel comfortable going to her with any issue.
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 273760
11/04/07 2 2 2 very uncaring,always late.no reason to make appointment. nurse was great butshe is not a doctor.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 258535
04/04/07 1 3 3 She listens well, but never touches you or examines you. Almost as if she is phobic. Will always run a battery of labs, only works part times. It isn't uncommon for her to spend an hour talking, listening to you but no time in examining you.  Respond
RID: 35854
13/07/06 4 5 5 Wonderful doctor, really talked to me.  Respond
RID: 30049
11/05/06 1 2 2 You wait forever every time you go. She has the nurse explain prescriptions and do the discharge, doc does not return to discharge. Interact with nurse more than doctor. Nurse takes all calls, never the doc. Does not seem genuine during visit.
Paid (or co-pay): $20