Rate Dr. Juanita Jenyons

Dr. Juanita Jenyons's Ratings

She was the doctor on call when I went into labor. My water broke on Saturday morning; she didn't even come into the hospital to see me until well after noon on Sunday. My son wasn't born until 4 a.m. Monday morning. She didn't even raise the question of a c-section. Despite the fact that I was in tremendous pain and insisted something was wrong, she ignored me. When I passed out during pushing, she slapped me awake. Finally, after my son crowned, it became clear he was stuck. Six people beat my stomach until he came out (my stomach was black and blue, despite the insistance after the fact that they only "pressed" on my stomach). He was limp and grey. Though he survived, he has suffered severe developmental delays. 7 1/2 years later, I'm still haunted by that delivery. Dr. Jenyons was arrogant, cold, and incompetent.

Submitted Nov. 7, 2011 | flag

I was with her for 14 years. I asked her on numerous occasions about fertility treatments, egg harvesting, etc., and was not given helpful information or guidance. I found her to be minimally pleasant, and not at all warm. Why I continued with her for so long is beyond me. In retrospect I wasn't assertive enough about what I wanted. Also she closed her office and never sent a letter, although the office denied this. Her staff, btw, was marginally competent.

Submitted Aug. 26, 2010 | flag

Dr Jenyons was my gyn for one year. She was responsive and generally good -- always kind and patient. However, I had so much trouble with her billing and insurance claims service that I finally switched doctors.

Submitted June 11, 2008 | flag

I recently delivered my child with Dr. Jenyons and it was an awful experience. At our first meeting she touted as having the reputation of being "The Midwife of Doctors" amongst her peers. This was not the case once I went into labor. The delivery room became a hostile environment with her presence. In fact, she pushed for a c section more than anyone else. The experience has traumatized me.

Submitted May 8, 2008 | flag

Dr. Jenyons was the on-call doctor during my labor and delivered my baby. It was the first time I met her since she wasn't my ob gyn. She was polite enough but definitely not warm and caring. She left my husband and I in the labor room alone - no nurse either - for 2 hours without explaining where she was going, when she'd be back, what we should do, etc.! She was absolutely not my style - didn't provide the atmosphere that I wanted for my delivery and I defnitely wouldn't go back to her.

Submitted Jan. 2, 2008 | flag

Decent doctor but staff are less than helpful and average waiting times of at least 1 1/2hrs are unacceptable when you are pregnant.

Submitted May 3, 2007 | flag