Dr. Samira Girgis

Rate Dr. Samira Girgis

Dr. Samira Girgis's Ratings

I have been going to this clinic for 4 years. And I have had the bad luck seeing here from time to time. I see the board is full of complains that I can attest to but I will try to Beas objective as possible here. This dr is by far the worst dr I have ever seen. The list of issues include the famous 1 problem per visit, assigning antibiotic for everything including common cold symptoms, lack of communication or collaboration, rude attitude, higher the though attitude, never listens to what you might have to say... She just wants you in and out. Can we start a petition to force her back to medical school and get her into some effective communication courses. Lady is a lawsuits waiting to happen ...

Submitted Jan. 26, 2014 | flag

(Score -1) Unprofessional- period. As the daughter of a patient who is has been going there, this proclaimed doctor needs to have her credentials re-evaluated,.. the complaints on this thread are more than plenty to alert authorities. It is true only address ONE question and waste your whole day there waiting. I was told about her behavior, so when I had to go in and pick something up for a patient, she was unaware of what was going on, and her slow walk to the patients room (where I was sitting) seemed like she was ready to lie on the couch, if there was one. I proceeded to ask my questions and was not going to let her 1 rule stop me, she became very flustered and did not assist me. She even sparked a conversation with me, the messenger about how 'the patient is more important to her than money, "wow where did this topic come from, I'm just the messenger". She was rude and this is uncalled for from a Medical Professional. Shame on you/ DISGRACE

Submitted June 4, 2013 | flag

I have been seeing Dr. Gergis for about 3 years before I decided to make the switch to Dr. Myint in the same clinic. Dr. Gerges' policy of ONE problem per ONE visit is horrible to simply buy more jewellery. Second appointment is often a follow up on the first appointment, so all too often you are unable to discuss your problems fully. She needs to be reminded of past issues, she OVER inflates minor problems because she knows she is not confident that her knowledge base will safeguard her lucrative salary. She is also SLOW at "processing" patients resulting in LONG waiting times (+1 hour a time), and overall a bad experience. Dr. Myint takes his time, cares more, knows A LOT more, more intelligent, attentive, and far exceeds Dr. Gerges' poor performance.

Submitted Aug. 27, 2012 | flag

Dr. Girgis is the worst doctor I have ever had the experience of seeing. She ignores my symptoms, doesn't remember past patients, or past ailments, and doesn’t take the time to investigate what's wrong with you. I plan on reporting her behaviour to the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario. For the good of your, and other people's health, I suggest you do the same. This woman needs to stop treating people like dollar bills, and more like people, before her negligence causes a death. Thought, judging by some other people’s comments, she’s already done that. Additionally, her receptionist is the rudest person I’ve encountered. You are in Customer Service honey. Act like it.

Submitted May 18, 2011 | flag

Doctors shouldnt treat patients as numbers. I dont need to be told, one problem one visit..If I take a day off to go and see the doctor, I would like my issues to be attended to..I dont have the time to come back another day, when she could attend the issue on the same visit..I think ohip needs to review doctors that are swiping ohip cards too regularly for simple ailments..which could all be treated on the same visit. What happened to compassion. If you want to be a family gp..then you need to have certain social skills..and show concern for a patients well being..I dont need a therapist..I need a doctor that cares..The reason Girgis has so many bad reviews is because she Treats her patients as one problem one visit..and bills ohip for each ailment..This needs to be looked into. Dr Mona Seif in the same clinic is so much more caring and knowledgable..yet they wont let me change my family doctor..I will only see Dr Seif from now on..

Submitted Oct. 17, 2010 | flag

Dr. Girgis has been my doctor for 5 years now and she is wonderful. She helped me through depression and encouraged me to lose 85 lbs. I would recommend her to anyone looking for a good female doctor.

Submitted Oct. 12, 2010 | flag

I honestly cannot understand why Dr Girgis has so many bad reviews. I have had her as my family doctor for over 3 years and I have never ever had a bad experience. Sure the wait times are a bit long but that's the way a walk in clinic works! She is extremely gentle and I've never had trouble communicating with her. She's given me the correct medication and has never forced antibiotics. I have recommended her to friends before and I will again do it. I'm shocked and saddened that my doctor has so many bad reviews. She does not deserve this :(

Submitted Aug. 3, 2010 | flag

She likes to prescribe the antibiotic to my kids when it is not necessary. Dr. Myint in the same clinic is much more knowledgeable.

Submitted July 27, 2010 | flag

Worst Doctor ever! Patients are simply counted as money; the more she sees the more she makes. Wait times are ridiculously long and your concerns are often ignored & left unanswered. Her bedside manner is equivalent to speaking to a wall or doorknob! Developing some social skills & not being so concerned about how many health cards have been swiped each day might reduce the number of patient complaints. This might also increase the number of patients that stay with her. Forntuately, my children and I will NOT be some of those patients staying with her. Often in life, no matter how sick you are, a doctor who cares can always make you feel better, at least emtionally. It does not seem as if caring is part of her mandate or skill set. How sad!

Submitted July 9, 2010 | flag

worst doctor ever. shame on ontario medical board has given licenece to treat humans. very greddy and no knowledge about his proffession. i hope she should get fired right away. she is treating her patints like money machine. most greedy and worst doctor ever in my life i met.

Submitted Feb. 19, 2010 | flag