Dr. Laura Spratt

Rate Dr. Laura Spratt

Dr. Laura Spratt's Ratings

Submitted Aug. 14, 2014 | flag

Dr Spratt and MOA Catherine take excellent care of my elderly parents. She has maintained their health , and always makes time to see or call them if they are worried or have concerns. She does not hesitate to refer them to a specialist , if necessary.

Submitted Sept. 23, 2011 | flag

I don`t feel Dr. Spratt`s takes paps seriously. I miss my old school doctor that ensured this was done annually along with a breast examination.

Submitted April 9, 2011 | flag

I too experienced the lack of consideration for my time. Booking fours of sick time instead of two impacts me a great deal both personally and professionally. I chose her b/c my daughter didn't want a man doctor to do the PAP. I found myself judged as mother. Although it's been four years since finding a new doctor it wasn't until this doctor scrapped together participants for her involment in the HPV Study that her office bothered to call me and state that it's been four years since my last PAP. Unbelievable. My now retired doc would have phoned me within weeks of missing that exam. Funny thing about the invite, I had a hysterectomy eight years ago! Beware folks, beware.

Submitted March 25, 2011 | flag

Stay away if you are an older person. Dr. Spratt gave me NONE of the standard tests for people over 65. When I finally switched doctors, it turned out I had 2 serious heart problems & was seriously anemic.... all conditions Dr. Spratt was unaware of. Careless, sloppy doctoring which could have cost me my life.

Submitted Feb. 10, 2011 | flag

Dr.Spratt is an excellent doctor. She is no nonsense, practical, knowledgeable and funny. She advocates for her patients, getting you into see specialists quickly if needed. She delivered one of my children and did all the pre and postnatal care for both. Now she is their family doctor as well as mine. Her caring manner and down to earth demeanor make her easy to talk to. She has called me at home and at work to check and see how I was and has seen me immediately whenever it was needed. Yes she is late at times but most doctors are.It is the health care profession. As others have said when she is with you she gives you !00% of her attention. I will never go to another doctor. She is great and so is Catherine!

Submitted Oct. 30, 2010 | flag

Dr. Spratt delivered two of my boys and she is amazing. when one of my boys was 5 weeks she saved his life and I will forever be grateful. She is always a little late for her appointment but I feel this is ok as when I get into see her I get 100% attention and she answers all of my question. she gives me my full 15mins. great doctor

Submitted Oct. 15, 2010 | flag

In terms of medicine, Dr. Spratt is fantastic. In terms of respect for her patients time...does she have any? I routinely wait an hour or more for a 5 minute appointment. I purposely booked her first appointment of the day (9am) so I could get to work on time and she didn't even show up until 9:20. Then she had a 15 minute conversation with her MOA about what she did on the weekend and no apology when she walked into the exam room. The only reason I continue seeing her is because she is an excellent doctor--medically speaking. She really needs to learn some respect for her patients though and try showing up for work on-time.

Submitted Sept. 7, 2010 | flag

Dr. Spratt claims she is a lactation consultant. I came to see her after my baby was born because I was having a lot of difficulty breast feeding. Rather than helping me succeed, she left the room for a moment and came back with a can of Nestle infant formula and wished me luck. I should also add that she is usually running at least a half hour behind schedule, if not more.

Submitted July 22, 2010 | flag

I find that Dr. Spratt made me feel like I was a burden. I was previously a patient of Dr. Gelling then transferred to her. In my last visit to her, she called me "dramatic" and stated to the receptionist that she was "quickly going to get rid of me" as she had a woman in the hospital about 6 centimetres dilated. I understand her busy schedule but the words were not necessary. Dr Spratt knows I suffer from depression and self esteem issues, as we have discussed this before, but her belittling comments to me was not professional. I left her office in tears and never want to return back. I will currently be seeking another GP. Please also note that in the past 3 years of Dr Spratt being my GP, I have only seen her about 4 times. Mind you I have seen a clinic doctor TWICE and she told met NOT to do this and to call and be persistent to her office if I needed to see a doctor. Well i tried that before and the receptionist hung up on me. Overall horrible experiences.

Submitted May 27, 2010 | flag