Rate Dr. Ivan Cohen

Dr. Ivan Cohen's Ratings

I have to say I have never ever had such an AWFUL experience with a doctor in my entire life. I, too, was a suboxone patient. I have a full-time job that I love and the doctor refused to prescribe so that I didn't miss any more time at work. I explained this to him and it fell on deaf ears. I realize that most drug addicts are not to be believed, but to have to feel like I was a criminal of the lowest regard when I am just trying to get off the suboxone is too much. I went to him three times and left in tears each and every single time. Please, unless this man is your only option I suggest that you skip seeing him entirely. No one, not even a drug addict that is still slamming heroin should be made to feel that way.

On a positive note: I do love Lynn, the receptionist......I feel sorry for her having to work for such a horrid man. She was always polite and responsive to my requests.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2575790].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 13, 2014

I went to Dr. Cohen as a suboxone patient, from the gate I felt like he totally judged me and I left in tears I continued for a couple of weeks and when I told him how I was feeling he said i was wrong or that's not the right answer he made me feel like a piece of****. If u have an addiction and your looking for help do not go to him unless you enjoy being treated like**** he doesn't like addicts the receptionist is rude as well the whole experience has been awful but I kept going because I wanted the help and I told him that.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2443053].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 13, 2014

Doctor Cohen does listen. As an MD, he has to prescribe. He doesn't have time to deal with those things the counselor deals with. Unfortunately, that's our system. Some of his practice is for addicts, who aren't going to like the guy who has to get them off of their drug of choice no matter who he is. If you have a problem, what you need is a good counselor who uses Doctor Cohen as the guy with the license who can help your treatment with the proper drug.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1134104].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 19, 2013

I have been a patient of Doctor Cohen since 2005, and I am really surprised to see such negative reviews of him. Perhaps I am an easier patient to deal with, but I feel like he cares, listens and educates. I do know a patient whom he basically rejected because she was extremely difficult, and who stated she didn't need help. I suppose psychiatrists deal with the most difficult people for a living. If he can be picky enough to offend a few people, he is a human being, too, so be it. He is a really good doctor, and he has helped me become a functional person again. I do not recommend his therapists in the office, though.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1134103].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 1, 2013

His receptionist is horrible. I cringe whenever I have to make an appointment because she is unbelievably rude over the phone for no apparent reason. Dr. Cohen is pretty useless... he doesn't listen and starts writing a prescription while youre talking- I've been seeing him for 4 years and I've had ENOUGH.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1134105].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 9, 2011

Ok, so we've all experienced this guy and his antics. He is very old, probably out of touch, etc. He is quick to label and talks down to you like you are a piece of dirt. Not exactly the person you want to depend on if your hanging off the side of a building....good gracious no. Please Avoid if at all possible. He DOESN"T care and it is about the money. He needs to change his attitude quickly. He is very jaded from all he has probably seen in his many years of practice. Its time for him to move on, take up golf or whatever. He should not be in practice for these reasons alone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1134102].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 14, 2010

O B N O X I O U S !!!! 1) He made me wait 90 minutes past my appointment for an important lunch with a pharmacy sales rep! 2) During an appointment-only 45 min wait this time- he took three THREE!!! cell phone calls from his wife and two from another family member. This ate into 15 minutes of my time and he charges by the hour.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1134101].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 6, 2010

My first experience was not the best, I went as a teenager and was asked by him " so whats your problem". I walked right out! AS an adult I was referred to him for med management after battling depression and eating disorders since age 16. After trying 2-3 meds I found one that worked, coincidence only because I felt he didnt care or "get" me. Which I would expect after only spending 5 minutes with me. Usually runs late, does apologize. On a positive note, he was helpful when I was having money problems, offering samples, and spaced out the med checks since I could not always afford the co pay.But really I think its time to hang up the hat. Hes pretty old and doubt he knows what hes doing anymore.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1134100].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 16, 2009

DR.COHEN HAS BEEN A GREAT DOCTOR FOR ME. HE HAS ALLWAYS BEEN NICE AND EVEN GAVE ME FREE SAMPLE PACKS OF MY MEDICATION TO TAKE HOME. THE DOCTOR I SAW BEFORE DID NOT TAKE INSURANCE,AND I HAD TO PAY OVER $100.OO FOR A MEDCHECK.DR COHEN TAKES INSURANCE AND I ONLY MAKE A SMALL CO-PAY. I LIKE DR.COHEN AND HIS STAFF VERY MUCH!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1134099].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 27, 2009

Not only is the doctor semicompetent at best but I was never kept waiting for less than 1/2 hour to see him. Further his staff is incompetent. They charged a no show fee for an appointment I never made. After arguing for a year I gave up rather than have it reported to a collection agency and paid it. 3 months later I got another bill! I feel fortunate that I escaped only being charged a late fee by his staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1134098].votes_count ]]