Rate Dr. Andrew Woolfenden

Dr. Andrew Woolfenden's Ratings

He is the best, most caring doctor I have dealt with . He has been treating my back for over 12 years. He has always helped me, understood me, and been completely professional.. I wish more doctors were like him. His secretary is kind and very efficent. Higly recommend him

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2646085].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 8, 2014

This is the doctor you want if you have a medical condition that is hard to diagnose. He is a digger and will be very thorough. You can't reach their office by phone which is a problem. The address on the internet for their office differed from the message given to a family member and we wanted to confirm. Went to the internet address which was less than a block away and they get people every day looking for them. Went to Broadway address and parking was underneath the building with an elevator access which was good. You get off the elevator and the reception desk looks like it is unmanned however it wraps around the corner and you can't see the receptionist. The receptionist was not interested in welcoming the patient nor did she tell us he was running behind. The doctor is energetic, thorough and inquisitive. I think he spends more time with patients than he needs to to make up for the waiting time. As a patient I can manage better with a doctor that is thorough and interested in my case. I would want him for any neurological issues and am glad my family member received his care. Would like them to update there internet information location and have a telephone number that you can choose a message to here where they are located. Oddly if you leave a message they will get back to you in 2 days however you must give 24 hour notice that you are not showing up. Service standard should be the same both ways.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2563104].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 3, 2014

The first time I saw Dr. Wolfenden, after a 45 minute wait, we actually addressed my issue for a total of maybe 5 minutes, and then spent the rest of the time chit-chatting with me at his desk. Nice conversation, but not totally appropriate, and would have rather spent my time talking about my issue or getting one of his other patients out of the queue. This second time around I waited an hour for a follow-up appointment to finally walk out, with the receptionist responding that she was sorry, but it was just an appointment where he was giving me my results anyway (i.e., it wasn't important). And that these results were going to my GP anyways. If you have to book with this doctor, a.) make sure it's an important appointment, b.) make sure you have loads of time, and c.) don't expect much in the way of professionalism.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1135376].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 4, 2013

I saw him twice. Once for an exam, in which he spent more than half of my time there talking to a colleague (while I was sitting next to him on the exam table in the gown) about their upcoming conference to the USA - what airline/hotel etc. Really?! Hello, I thought we were in the middle of an exam here! Second visit was when he gave me a traumatic incurable diagnosis. Of course I am upset and a bit of bedside manner would have gone a lone way, however, he was very arrogant with his feet up on his desk seeming like he had other things to do. He sent me on my way after a couple minutes and I couldn't remember if I was to make the appointment or if someone would phone me so I stopped to ask the receptionist on my way out. Dr. Woolfenden told me to stop bothering his receptionist as she was busy and to continue on my way. Unbelievable! I think I was in shock with everything I had just been told. I will never go back to this arrogant man who needs training in bedside manner.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1135375].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 12, 2013

Most knowlegable and thourough physician I have met. Cares for his patients and ensures they get the best care possible. Good Attention to detail. Highly recommend!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1135374].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 15, 2013

Dr Woolfenden was extremely knowledgable and pleasant to deal with. He sorted out my health problems after numerous other specialists could not. Very attentive to details and extemely intellegent. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1135373].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 2, 2012

Staff...self-absorbed, appear uninterested in patient, very much a number...less like a person...Dr (MD, FRCPC no less!) seems more intent on examining his own 'stature' than being genuinely caring about patient cares/concerns/fears...a very intelligent fellow, and he knows it...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1135372].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 14, 2012

Instantaneous and probably incorrect diagnosis without looking at results from scans.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1135371].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 20, 2012

Finally afer one year of different tests different neurologists Dr Wolfenden was the best. He is caring and also listens to you. He understood everything in a matter of five minutes that the other drs could not, He was very thorough and cautious. I would reccomend this dr to everyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1135370].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 17, 2011

I did not fit the norm of a person with a stroke - young, fit, non-smoker, etc. and Dr. Woolfenden really fought to get to the bottom of what was happening to me. He respected my decisions about testing that I was concerned about but did eventually encourage me and quietened my concerns. I felt like he knew me each time I went back. He was quick to refer me to other specialists when needed and saw me in a reasonable amount of time when my condition was deteriorating. Though my condition was unusual, he kept digging and was confident with his explanation and diagnosis, which, though I doubted it, turned out to be corrent in the end!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1135369].votes_count ]]