Rate Dr. Andrew Woolfenden

Dr. Andrew Woolfenden's Ratings

The first time I saw Dr. Wolfenden, after a 45 minute wait, we actually addressed my issue for a total of maybe 5 minutes, and then spent the rest of the time chit-chatting with me at his desk. Nice conversation, but not totally appropriate, and would have rather spent my time talking about my issue or getting one of his other patients out of the queue. This second time around I waited an hour for a follow-up appointment to finally walk out, with the receptionist responding that she was sorry, but it was just an appointment where he was giving me my results anyway (i.e., it wasn't important). And that these results were going to my GP anyways. If you have to book with this doctor, a.) make sure it's an important appointment, b.) make sure you have loads of time, and c.) don't expect much in the way of professionalism.

Submitted Nov. 4, 2013 | flag

I saw him twice. Once for an exam, in which he spent more than half of my time there talking to a colleague (while I was sitting next to him on the exam table in the gown) about their upcoming conference to the USA - what airline/hotel etc. Really?! Hello, I thought we were in the middle of an exam here! Second visit was when he gave me a traumatic incurable diagnosis. Of course I am upset and a bit of bedside manner would have gone a lone way, however, he was very arrogant with his feet up on his desk seeming like he had other things to do. He sent me on my way after a couple minutes and I couldn't remember if I was to make the appointment or if someone would phone me so I stopped to ask the receptionist on my way out. Dr. Woolfenden told me to stop bothering his receptionist as she was busy and to continue on my way. Unbelievable! I think I was in shock with everything I had just been told. I will never go back to this arrogant man who needs training in bedside manner.

Submitted June 12, 2013 | flag

Most knowlegable and thourough physician I have met. Cares for his patients and ensures they get the best care possible. Good Attention to detail. Highly recommend!!!!

Submitted March 15, 2013 | flag

Dr Woolfenden was extremely knowledgable and pleasant to deal with. He sorted out my health problems after numerous other specialists could not. Very attentive to details and extemely intellegent. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

Submitted Oct. 2, 2012 | flag

Staff...self-absorbed, appear uninterested in patient, very much a number...less like a person...Dr (MD, FRCPC no less!) seems more intent on examining his own 'stature' than being genuinely caring about patient cares/concerns/fears...a very intelligent fellow, and he knows it...

Submitted June 14, 2012 | flag

Instantaneous and probably incorrect diagnosis without looking at results from scans.

Submitted Feb. 20, 2012 | flag

Finally afer one year of different tests different neurologists Dr Wolfenden was the best. He is caring and also listens to you. He understood everything in a matter of five minutes that the other drs could not, He was very thorough and cautious. I would reccomend this dr to everyone.

Submitted Oct. 17, 2011 | flag

I did not fit the norm of a person with a stroke - young, fit, non-smoker, etc. and Dr. Woolfenden really fought to get to the bottom of what was happening to me. He respected my decisions about testing that I was concerned about but did eventually encourage me and quietened my concerns. I felt like he knew me each time I went back. He was quick to refer me to other specialists when needed and saw me in a reasonable amount of time when my condition was deteriorating. Though my condition was unusual, he kept digging and was confident with his explanation and diagnosis, which, though I doubted it, turned out to be corrent in the end!

Submitted July 7, 2010 | flag

This was the first time I visit him. He was very helpful and helped me to find an eye specialist right away on the same day. I was very grateful. I could tell he was a very responsible doctor from the referral note which he gave me. I wish I could see him again regarding another medical matter which I have worried for years, I hope he could help me with this. Thanks again.

Submitted May 31, 2010 | flag

Has somewhat strange body language but he does his job professionally. Is approachable, is open to suggestions, and good teamwork.

Submitted March 11, 2010 | flag