Rate Dr. William El Masri

Dr. William El Masri's Ratings

STAY AWAY. I was referred to this doctor for a check up on my throat. No other specialist could explain what it was about yet he had the nerve to tell me it was because my "acne". I have never had acne in my entire life. Absolutely RUDE and DISMISSIVE. His office is also HORRIBLE - they never answer the phone, it is impossible to leave a message and they don't follow up after you have serious tests to tell you the results.

Submitted May 28, 2014 | flag

I had a consult with Dr. El Masri for parathyroid surgery. I could not get a hold of anyone at the office when I called (the voicemail box was full and not accepting messages), I waited over 2 hours to see him for my appointment, and the wait time for surgery was another 3-4 months away after waiting 6 months to see him for this consult. When I finally saw Dr. El Masri, he was kind and patient with me considering how packed his waiting room was, but he did not know why I was there to see him! He examined my neck and put pressure on the parathyroid cyst (that was found during surgery) while examining my neck which made me feel terrible for a number of days afterward. (Please be aware, If you have a parathyroid problem, don't let these self proclaimed 'experts' biopsy, or palpate anything in your neck!!! The doctors I trusted here didn't know what they were doing.) I decided to go to Tampa, Florida for surgery and let Dr. James Norman take care of me. Thank God I did!

Submitted May 24, 2014 | flag

The staff in this office do not check voice messages, I had been calling since Feb 2014 its now April, I only got a call back yesterday because I sent a fax marked urgent. And then even though I am a patient already of Dr.l El Masri and he is performing surgery on me May 2nd, I have been told that I need another referral to see him about my ear, my family doctor found something in my ear that she advises I get looked at by mt ENT right away but the receptionist at this office told me that I need another referral, make sense? not to me! she is rude, and quite frankly making the dr look bad. I am just not happy about not being taken seriously, they explain surgery procedures like it is nothing to the person they are talking to, have some empathy! you do it everyday yes, but we dont go through it everyday as the patient. Be a little more understanding and caring to new patients PLEASE!

Submitted April 16, 2014 | flag

Dr. El Masri gave me a nose-job that I was very pleased with; looks exactly the way i wanted, and I had no complications or problems whatsoever. He was pleasant and great to deal with, and so was the staff at Toronto Cosmetic Clinic where I had it done. I recommended him to a friend, and was surprised when she said she had read negative reviews! When we talked about it, we realized one thing: people are probably more motivated to post something negative than something positive. If they are happy, they just happily continue with their lives. If unhappy, on contrary, people are more likely to want to "vent"! This is my reality exactly; I was not thinking of posting a review! Until I had this talk with my friend. So I decided to write a good review, because I really could not be any happier and have only good things to say about this doctor! I highly recommend him! It seems to me most people complain about timeliness; this to me is only natural for a top surgeon at a busy hospital...

Submitted Jan. 7, 2014 | flag

We were warned that we had to give 48 hour notice if we had to cancel or face a penalty. Doctor's office called 2 hours before my daughter's appointment to cancel us. Now we have to wait another month! Where is MY financial compensation for the day I took off work? I need to find a new doctor.

Submitted Nov. 12, 2013 | flag

Terrible doc, not worth waiting 2 hrs for. Scared my 12 yr old son badly with his camera-up-the-nose tool. No explanation of what he was doing. No patience with my son being upset. No time for questions. No answers or insight other than surgery or steroids, both of which seem very extreme given my son's symptoms. Going shopping for a new doc, strongly recommend you do too.

Submitted Sept. 6, 2013 | flag

In short, the gentleman who did my initial hearing tests on April 2nd, 2013 Danforth office was ***FANTASTIC***, and William El Masri is personable and seems knowledgeable. <<<MY CONCERNS>>> (1) It is extremely difficult to get a hold of someone at this office. I have had to resort to sending faxes in an attempt to get someone to respond. (2) Dr William Masri's office takes the approach of "we'll call you if we find a problem". I find this utterly ridiculous/flawed, because you are working under the assumption that your office staff will never make a mistake. So if your important test results are misplaced, no one will ever call you with the news that a follow-up is required.

Submitted June 25, 2013 | flag

After seeing two specialists dr.El Masri was the only one who realize the main problem that my 5 years old son had.After surgery my son feel very good.I am very grateful to dr. El Masri and I am highly recommended him.He is kind of doctor that make you feel safe and you can totally trust.All compliments to you doctor!The best!

Submitted March 22, 2012 | flag

I read the reviews about Dr Masri before I met him. It was with some trepidation that I attended my first appointment. It was a pleasant surprise to realise he was nothing like the bad ratings painted him. My appt was for 10.15 I saw him at 10.20. Dr ElMasri explained everything in detail including the risks, so much so that I had no questions to ask. I am now recuperating from my parotidectomy and everything went well.Punctuality can be a problem with Doctors, they don't do it deliberately, it is something that is often out of their control. Know this and take a book with you or knit! I never had to wait more than what I expected and certainly never for hours!!! He is approachable, caring and has a sense of humour. He is very knowledgeable and able to put my mind at ease. I liked that he was concerned about husband's worries as well. Thank you Dr ElMasri I am glad I had you to travel with on that journey.

Submitted Nov. 21, 2011 | flag

I highly recommend Dr El Masri...he is such a wonderful surgeon and person! My results came out amazing and I had so many questions before the surgery and he made me feel never rushed and cared for. He thoroughly explained the whole procedure to me and any risks that might occur..im glad that he laid out all the options for me. Definitely best of the best!

Submitted Nov. 10, 2011 | flag