Rate Dr. William El Masri

Dr. William El Masri's Ratings

I FEEL LIKE THE VERY FEW POSITIVE REVIEWS ABOUT THIS PLACE AND DR ARE DONE EITHER BY HIM, HIS STAFF, OR HIS FAMILY MEMBERS. CARE ABOUT YOUR MONEY?, WELL BEING? AND SELF RESPECT??? IF SO , DO NOT ENTER THIS CLINIC! THERE IS A VERY GOOD REASON WHY THEY HAVE A GROUPON EVERY MONTH.... WORST DR IN HISTORY! WORST STAFF IN HISTORY!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2733804].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 24, 2015

There is a reason why his clinic is overcrowded: a very experienced doctor. I was referred to him after seeing two surgeons and two specialists. What this doctor found neither of them could diagnose or name; even MRI couldn't detect at first what he already knew. If pathology or complicated matters is your case, then he is the man and I can't speak of other areas of ENT specialties. At first, he gave me options, but leaning more towards an aggressive approach (he is known for) for surgery, but as monitoring my situation went along, he then leaned more to a conservative approach to continue monitoring. He was intelligently dynamic. I have never met a friendly medical professional like him either, really diffuses the situation. If you are scared of his aggressive approach tell him your concern or what other doctor's have told you. He will shed light on your options. I would recommend this doctor as your last resort and second opinion source if you have exhausted your options or if you are anxious about your situation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2700240].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 28, 2015

* The receptionist is not nice at all, very direct and very rude.
* You have to wait for a VERY long time to see the doctor. The office is overbooked and cramped. Especially if you are going with children.
* If your child is having tonsils/adenoids removed and they have sleep apnoea, be sure to have them stay over night to be monitored. Apparently there can be swelling after the surgery that can cause interference with the child's breathing. It is extremely important to insist they be monitored after the surgery (over night) because the morphine will not ensure that they will automatically trigger a response to wake up and breathe.
*Our child had a sleep study done to determine whether he had sleep apnoea or not. I already knew he did, just by watching him breathe at night (or not breathe). The doctor told me if the sleep study concluded that his sleep apnoea was severe (which it was) that the surgery date would be moved forward. We performed the sleep study, which was very intense for a 3 year old, not a good experience at all. After the sleep study we didn't hear back for over 3 weeks from Dr. El Masri's office. They called me and told me that IF we wanted to come in to discuss the results with the doctor we could. I said, I work and it is difficult for me to do so, not to mention wait there for hours to see the doctor. I told her I assume the results from the sleep study were okay if she wasn't calling to tell me they moved the surgery to a sooner date. So I wouldn't be coming. I find out later from my child's paediatrician, when we went in to fill out the forms for the surgery, that the results showed the sleep apnoea was severe. I couldn't believe it. What was the point of having put my son though a sleep study when the surgery wasn't even moved to a sooner date? Terrible. Watching my son sleep with severe sleep apnoea was a nightmare every night. We waited for months and months to have the operation, when it should have been an emergency operation.
* I have to say, Dr. El Masri did a perfect job for my son's operation. He was kind and the procedure did not take very long. I trusted him to operate on my son and I felt good about leaving my son in his hands.
* The stay at Toronto East General was amazing and the nurses were excellent.
* My son is breathing perfectly now. It is the best thing that could ever have happened to him and all of us. It is just a shame that it took so long to resolve his sleep apnoea.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2697830].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 26, 2015

My family doctor sent him a transfer request more than 3 months ago, but till now I haven't gotten a response from them! It's a follow-up for my nose-job, which looks okay but not exactly okay on a certain angle. Making the nostrils smaller upon my request, he left marks on both sides of my nose that may never go away, and deep lines as well below them that might need botox! He had said he can fix my chronically blockd nostril which I can't breathe with (ever since I was born, I could only breathe with one, from what I remember), but he didn't fix a thing. Telling him how it looks from certain angles, that there is a bump on the left side of my nose, he just brushed away my comments as if they were baseless! Although they took pictures of my nose before the surgery, but they never did after it. They got paid, so why would they care? I should have considered someone closer to my place who would have done definitely a better job, even with the follow-up appointments!!! I'm so disappointed in him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2665614].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 29, 2014

I see there have been positive reviews about his hand in rhinoplasty but I warn you not to get rhinoplasty done by this surgeon. I had my rhinoplasty done two years ago. The appearance is ok but I can bearly breath through my nose! It affects every part of my life as you can imagine and I haven't had a good sleep in two years. I went back to see if he could fix it, underwent another surgery with him and still suffering the same issues! I am just fed up so I have gone to get other consultations and have been told it can be fixed by undergoing ANOTHER surgery that will be 5 hours long, cost $11,000 and will not be covered. I am terrified as Dr. William El Masri at the Toronto Cosmetic Clinic totally broke my trust and faith. DO NOT GO TO HIM FOR RHINOPLASTY! The reviews are real, there are other plastic surgeons that have way better ratings in Toronto. Biggest mistake of my life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2628938].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2014

He was a great physical - very personable and knowledgeable. His staff was appalling: rude and never picked up the phone. I called at least 20-30 times during designated business hours (M-F, 10-3; with exceptions of Wednesday). It was incredibly irritating and I had to resort to writing letters.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2610716].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 7, 2014

Did not do much for me. Maybe he has help some people but he did not seem to hear anything I said or misunderstood it if he heard it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2595539].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 27, 2014

Great doctor! He is very caring, knowledgeable and helpful. I would highly recommend him

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2543150].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2014

Avoid at all costs!

He had me waiting an hour past my scheduled appointment and when I asked the receptionist (worst and rudest person I've encountered in any professional setting) kindly when El-Masri would finally be available she told me that it would be, at best, another hour!

Are you kidding me? Two hours to see a doctor, past you're scheduled appointment.

If one were two hours late for an appointment, the doctor wouldn't even think twice to cancel the appointment. Yet, everyone is expected to wait whatever indefinite amount of time the Dr. wants.

Please, save yourself the headache and the unfortunate event of dealing with an extremely rude receptionist.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2531702].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 10, 2014

STAY AWAY. I was referred to this doctor for a check up on my throat. No other specialist could explain what it was about yet he had the nerve to tell me it was because my "acne". I have never had acne in my entire life. Absolutely RUDE and DISMISSIVE. His office is also HORRIBLE - they never answer the phone, it is impossible to leave a message and they don't follow up after you have serious tests to tell you the results.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2443156].votes_count ]]