Rate Dr. John Strang

Dr. John Strang's Ratings

I have been seeing Doctor Strang since just after he took over for Doctor Boswel. Dr. Strang's practice has taken a nose dive since he joined Halton Family Medical Center. When he was running a solo practice things were fantastic. Now, not so much. Most of my complaints are based on how the practice is administered now. If you need paperwork filled out for benefits claims, forget it. I'm not sure if that is the problem of the Dr. or his staff, but it never used to be like this. Not to mention, vacations! good greif, I should have been a doctor if that's how much vacation they get. 2-weeks here, 3 weeks there. 4 weeks after that. That can be very frustrating as he'll ask you to come in for a 1 week follow up during your time with him, but then when you try to book with the administrator 'hes on vacation then and wont return for 2 weeks' This just doesn't work when your employer requires medical forms in certain time frames.

My one major complaint about Dr Strang specifically in the way he diagnosis you is that he likes to play the odds game. "Odds are you don't have this ailment because you don't fit the 'profile' so we won't test for it that". I will say that he is a very knowledgeable doctor and demonstrates it more so when the mood catches him, rather than all the time.

TLDR; His practice was great when he was solo. Now, in Halton Family Medical Center, in my opinion, just sucks.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2585989].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 20, 2014

I have had a great experience with Dr. Strang for a doctor. His staff is wonderful, although, there has been a decline since his secretary of last 9 or 10yrs left him. You will spend a lot of time in the waiting room, but once you are in with him he takes his time to deal with whatever you are seeing him about. Most doctor's don't run on time anyway! Thank you for all your help over the years Dr. Strang.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2516843].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2014

I have been with Dr. Strang since he opened his practice here in Burlington. I trust everything that he does because it's always in my family's best interest.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2488569].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 8, 2014

Myself and my family have been going to Dr. Strang since he took over for Dr. Boswell. He is very knowledgeable, and easy to talk to. He is wonderful with my little girl, and takes very good care of my elderly father. It is not a long wait to get an appointment with him most times.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1138399].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 13, 2013

I was so happy when Dr. Strang accepted me as a patient when I had a problem with my previous doctor. I had high hopes for a new beginning and hopefully getting to the root of what was causing my iron deficiency. I also had a medical for the Ministry of Transportation that needed to be filled out. I met with him twice. The first time he took some general information and gave me a requisition for blood tests. The second time was to fill out the medical for the MTO. After a month, I had started to call to ask if he had sent the medical in because the MTO had not received it. Many of my calls where not returned causing my more anxiety. To this date (2 months later) he has not filled it out. I have not received a reason. I have told his staff how important it is to regain my licence many times but he still has not sent it in. I am devastated and can't believe a doctor could be so cruel. I have been waiting to get on with my life, get a job. I just don't understand. I am crushed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1138398].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 2, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Strang's since the 90s and am very happy with him. He always takes me seriously and makes referrals when necessary. If you see him later in the day there can be long wait times but when he is in the room with you he doesn't rush you, and takes the time needed to deal with your concerns, so that's the "price" you pay. My spouse and children also go to him and we are all very happy with him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1138397].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 13, 2012

I have been with Dr. Strang since he took over Dr Boswells practice. He is very helpful & knowledgable. He is a pleasant doctor and takes the time to explain things

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1138396].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 11, 2012

I have been seeing him for past 18 years. He has always explained everything to me more clearly then I need as I a nurse. He has always done the most appropriate referrals and investigations.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1138395].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 1, 2012

Most of my family has been seeing Dr. Strang since he took over for Boswell several years ago. He himself is an excellent Dr. Very kind, approachable, patient and easy to talk to even about the most uncomfortable topics (great with teens). He is amazing with kids of all ages and especially kind and patient with my elderly grandmother. The quality of care he and his staff provide has dived significantly since he joined the Halton Family Health group though. It seems to have really changed him. My family really misses his old small family practice where you felt truly cared for. He seems to try and give you the time you need usually but can be very rushed at times and wait times are pretty bad most days. That is the price you pay for a Dr. who takes his time with each patient. Problem is he seems to have so many more now that he is part of this large corporate group.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1138394].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 24, 2011

Dr. Strang has been my doctor since I moved into Burlington 18 years ago when i was just a baby, I go to him for everything and plan on continuing to do so!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1138393].votes_count ]]