Rate Dr. Ryan Paterson

Dr. Ryan Paterson's Ratings

2 min before surgery, shows me a pce of paper saying the surgery has been revised,and i signed it along with wife.he has forged the paper work,he tried same thing on my last surgery.should of put in complaint the first time. dont trust him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2755975].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 23, 2015

He saved my life in the situation I experienced stroke and then more ominous diagnose was found.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2591402].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2014

Extremely personable and professional doctor. Took the time to explain the procedure and what to expect both before and after. Waited for me when I was late for an appointment post surgery due to Ferry delays. Is one of the best surgeons I have dealt with both knowledgeable, good with patients and staff, helpful in recommendations and very professional . I would highly recommend him and his staff. PS had a good sense of humour as well .

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1139120].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 26, 2013

I have been going to Dr Paterson for a few years now. I started when it was discovered that I had 5 kidney stones. I have to say over the years I have had nothing but the best care from this doctor and his staff. He is the most thoughtful caring individual I have met. I always feel comfortable in his presence and always feel he gives me the best care possible. All doctors should be like this one.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1139119].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2012

I was referred to Dr. Patterson regarding frequent and persistent bladder infections. During the office visit, he was personable but insisted on doing a cystoscopy without anesthetic. It was a very painful and humiliating procedure. Although I told him that I have a past history of sexual abuse and trauma, he was insensitive to my anxiety. He sent me for more humiliating tests at UBC where I was forced to sit on a commode in a room full of strangers and urinate in public after which more invasive tests were performed. In the end, he could not figure out what the problem was with my bladder except that "it was unstable". Read: no explanation for the infections and urinary incontinence. I was so traumatized I never went back and would not refer him to any woman having bladder issues. Perhaps he is better with Kidney diseases. He was also unhelpful at providing my disability insurance company with information they needed. Not good with traumatized females.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1139118].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 4, 2012

Dr. Paterson removed my left kidney as a result of cancer. They don't come any better than this man. The surgery went exactly as he said it would. He thoroughly impressed my partner, my GP and me with his communication skills and ethic. I can't say enough.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1139117].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 17, 2012

I was referred to Dr. Paterson with suspected renal cell carcinoma. He performed a partial nephrectomy and I could not have been in better hands.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1139116].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 22, 2011

Excellent Dr. I had a serious kidney infection and stone stuck in my ureter. He put in a stent and performed a basket retreval. Took the time to inform me about the procedure and even called my spouse once the procedure was complete.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1139115].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 16, 2011

Dr. Paterson is a wonderful DR. kind & caring, very professional, extremely knowledgeable, A kidney specialist genius, Thank you for taking the time to personally advise me of my results and options. God Bless you.......

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1139114].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 29, 2011

Dr. Paterson is a amazing doctor with great personality & knowledge of his profession, thank you doc. for corrected my lack of potassium situation on July.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1139113].votes_count ]]