Rate Dr. Joel Niznick

Dr. Joel Niznick's Ratings

I THANK GOD every day for DR NIZNICK. HE TOOK ME OFF AMIODARONE,WARFIN AND BETA BLOCKERS He saved me. One of his collelgues who worked out of his office was in Emerg at the ottawa General and had put me on Amiodarone. Warfin and Beta blockers. I will write up something under that Doctor who was Dr Dawdy the person who made my life miserable. Again, thank you Dr Niznick for being kind, understanding and MOST OF ALL CARING.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1139329].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 24, 2013

We went to see dr. Niznick after my dad had a pacemaker put in. He was my dad's cardiologist for 7 years and we found that he never paid enough attention to dad's condition. He let dad go for 2 years without a follow up after by-pass. Now after cardiac arrest and pacemaker, we went for follow up on wednesday, dad told him about his racing heart rate and dr Niznick told him very abruptly to live with it. There was no concern from his point of view and 2 days later dad went into cardiac arrest again. Thank god for pacemaker, but it is very painful and could be prevented if it was picked up on time. On top of that, we had to wait 2 hours to be seen by dr.niznick. We are very frustrated with his care and will be changing him to a different cardiologist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1139328].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 12, 2013

an excellent knowledegeable physician who deals with patients in a respectful manner. He does not waste his time nor that of his patients'.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1139327].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 20, 2012

I find he is very abrupt, and unwilling to discuss options. For example, another doctor recommended a medication but because it could have an effect on the heart she wanted me to discuss it with my cardiologist. Dr. Niznick gave me a flat "no" without any discussion of risks, etc.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1139326].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 30, 2012

I find Dr. Niznick very knnwledgable and helpful. He gets right to the point, but I always feel I have left his office knowing everything I need to know. Wonderful doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1139325].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 8, 2011

Excellent cardiologist--he inspires confidence by both his well-groomed appearance and polite but to the point manner, and was very effective in his prescribed treatment of my condition. He sets the Bar very very high.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1139324].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 5, 2010

get right down to the facts.He is excellant and tells you the way it is not what you want to hear

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1139323].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 11, 2010

Dr Niznick instills confidence. I think he is an excellent Doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1139322].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 28, 2009

I have total confidence in Dr Niznick. He is very thorough, wastes no time but takes whatever time is necessary. When he visited me in hospital I was impressed by the attention he paid to me and to his students. He was demanding of them, I thought, but I also thought that if I were an aspiring cardiologist who really wanted to learn, I would move heaven anbd earth to get on his team.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1139321].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 19, 2009

One of the best doctors I have ever encountered.Listens to the patient, explains things thoroughly, gives all the options. Everything you could ask in a doctor. He follows up too.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1139320].votes_count ]]