Dr. Alexandra R. Bunyak

Grad. Year: 1998

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 3.9 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 11 reviews. Dr. Alexandra R. Bunyak has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Pain Mgmt / Physical Rehab-related: pain relief, physical rehabilitation, stroke recovery, accident recovery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 4914486

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' rating (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.1  Respond

21/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Alexandra" to "Alexandra R."
RID: 2718844
25/07/13 1 2 3 3 The family member I took with me warned me that she thought Dr was behaving irresponsibly by testing out new treatments on patients right after learning the technique. I tried it anyway; it made me unable to put weight on my foot for months (that was not how it was, to begin with), then redid it for free later, saying she'd learned a new way and felt bad about the prior result. She gave the wrong instructions about how to begin a pain drug. 4 days after I began the drug, and was feeling terrible, I called for advice and she refused to answer my question about what to do over the phone, saying I had to pay for another visit ($150) to ask. After I quit going to her because of the pain drug debacle, she started sending me a $2,000 bill! You read that right. I responded, but my attorney tells me I might have to sue to get her to quit.  Respond
RID: 2651131
17/05/13 5 4 5 4 Dr. Bunyak is the best. She is polite, thoughtful, patient, and concerned. I can't believe some of the negative comments on here. I keep thinking those people must have her confused with someone else, or they are her competition just trying to make her look bad. Especially the comment about the messy office. Her office is as clean and orderly as one could ever be. The person these negative people describe are surely not the Dr. Bunyak I have been going to for 2 yrs now. Every time I go there, about once a month to pick up my prescriptions if nothing else, her office, staff, and herself are in perfect order, polite, and efficient. Yes, she has had a couple new front office people since I started seeing her. But that is expected. I would recommend Dr. Bunyak to anyone, especially if you would rather be treated in less invasive ways than surgery when at all possible. Thank you Dr Bunyak, you made my last 2 yrs tolerable.
Insurance: Humana
Paid (or co-pay): $50
RID: 2448893
16/10/12 5 5 5 5 I'm very sorry that the above posters had such negative experiences, I am left wondering if there was some sort of communication issue. I hope you have found someone you work well with. In the almost 4 yrs I have been seeing Dr.B (monthly) I have found her to be caring, knowledgable, respectful, and professional. I have been a pain patient for many years and finding her office changed my life. She gave me options other than pain meds as well as respecting and continuing what has worked for me in the past. When I had my child she again treated me with respect and caring. She helped me to find the safest way to get thru my pregnancy/nursing for both me and my baby. I've seen cruel & disrespectful doctors- Dr. b is not one of them. Prices seemed reasonable for services,ppo seems to cover most. There was some staff turnover but it seems the issues have been resolved and I have noticed an improvement in service since. Highly recommend to friends and family.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 2082164
26/04/12 1 2 2 4 This was a Refferal all of the other patients that I know have been treated the same way as of the last few mo. I don't know where to begin ugh! Just want to help someone else not loose thousands of $ like I did. I had to do all sorts of tests etc wanted to do risky injections buy her supplements, and so on. In the end she cut my prescription in half for no reason.Except that I disagreed on increasing my meds. To speak to her you get billed, review test results $200 office visit, phone calls billed!! The staff is horrible tons of turn over.I felt as if the entire staff didn't believe my pain even after all my tests and countless missed days of work were proof. No early fills no bad UAs never late. I just don't get it was time to move on and get treated with dignity and respect.
See Responses
RID: 1846335
04/04/12 3 4 5 5 I have never experienced a more complete and relaxed consultation as with Bunyak. Lots of patience and real thought sharing. The chosen course of action resulted from a thorough review of the options, including relative feasibility, recovery, risks and costs. I've also found her to be very competent during procedures (4 elbow injections and virtually no pain?). As to the negative comments above, I can only wonder if we're talking about my valued physician.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 1654450
06/12/11 5 5 5 5 Thank you thank you dr Bunyak and staff! Not only am I finally treating my pain without medication but I have my life back. Wonderful doctor and great care! New office staff finally fits her needs. Very happy
RID: 1499088
29/07/11 5 5 5 5 Aetna PPO. I was disappointed in UC Davis in Sacramento and asked my primary doctor in Southern Cal for someone that will approach my leg and hip problem with new ideas not simply pain killers and hip surgery. Dr. Bunyak was it!
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1430615
02/05/11 4 1 1 1 I didn't feel like this physician had the slightest idea of what it is to be a pain patient. I felt like she had no respect for my own experience with my pain, my body, or what I was going through. If I said I wanted to do a certain treatment that has helped in the past, she seemed to dismiss it and suggest something else, yet if *she* suggested the same, then it seemed it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. I felt she was accusatory and I didn't ever get the feeling she was concerned with me or what was best for me in the slightest. I don't recommend this doctor.
Insurance: Anthem
See Responses
RID: 1389498

16/03/11 1 2 1 4 This doctor is only after your money. She doesn't care if she helps people. She doesn't follow up on any exams that she orders. She is rude and disrespectful. Her office is a mess they will quote you one price for the visit and AFTER you see the doctor they tell you its something else about 4 times the quoted price. The doctor will actually tell you that her time with you is up because time is money, and you only paid for 15 minutes. It is unfortunate that there not more physiatrists in san diego. If you have a choice... DO NOT SEE this doctor.  See Responses
RID: 1284248
02/11/10 5 5 5 5 GREAT would not trade Dr Bunyaks care for anything. She was honest and up front about my needing to give physical therapy a try and followed that therapy up with a steroid injection which has all but made my neck pain disappear. I wish I would have seen her sooner.
* - Rating left by a registered user