Rate Dr. Benny Chan

Dr. Benny Chan's Ratings

His staff was terrible and rude, but have since slightly improved due to a couple of new (polite) staff - the veteran receptionists are still rude as hell. Wait times are 45+ min. He doesn't do the breast exam or pap smear as part of the annual physical and the female Dr. that usually does those procedures doesn't come in much. Dr. Chan rushes appts. He isn't educated in women's issues (when I was preg., he would evade answering my questions). He left the room and never came back - leaving me no chance ask the rest of my q's, apparently the appointment was over. I had to go back the next day to speak to him again - I found out later on in the pregnancy that he neglected to tell me important details regarding the growth of the baby in my ultrasound. In general, no matter what the health issue, he blamed everything on stress and just kept blabbing on and on abt stress. Even my husband (who was in the room w/ me) thought WTH. I have since found a much better Dr. (thank the Lord).

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1141941].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 7, 2013

I've been seeing Dr. B. Chan for well over a decade and in that time I've noticed significant improvements in staff and waiting times. His follow up can be a little bit better sometimes, but other than that he is a very adequate physician.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1141940].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 8, 2013

Staff I have noticed that they have improved their people skills lately, which makes it a more pleasant appointment. Benny Chan is very good, knowledgable, and patient, but sometimes rushed due to the number of patients he has, which is understandable. Very happy with the experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1141939].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 28, 2013

I really like Dr. Chan. He has excellent manner and is very caring about his patients. You do, however, have to anticipate at least a 45 minute wait from the time you arrive (your appt time) to see him, and then another 10-15 minutes for your actual appt. I've long come to expect this, and build it into my personal schedule. One thing, though, if he doesn't believe something is actually a problem, you may have to give a hard push to make him take it seriously. This doesn't happen often, as he is usually very concerned about any ailment I tell him of and wil take many precautions, but on those rare occasions, I do have to push.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1141938].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 6, 2012

Great Doctor but the nurses are not friendly. I normally wait 45mins to an hour even I have appointment and be there on time. Dr Benny Chan is a very good doctor and takes good care of his patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1141937].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 5, 2012

Dr. is very knowledgeable. He's great and very thorough. He has caught cancer several times in the past on patients that I know that other doctors seem to just brush aside.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1141936].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 13, 2012

Dr. Benny Chan has been my family doctor for past 18 years. I am very lucky to have him as a Famiy physician. He is very precise and quick. It is very difficault to find doctors like him. He is the best.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1141935].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 30, 2012

I've been with this doctor for the past 6 years, he is nice to peopel but not quite helpful in terms of what need to be done to solve patient's problem, the specilists he refers aren't quite helpful either, I recently switch to another doctor who right away did the right thing to help me recover quickly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1141934].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 13, 2011

Both of my sons and I have been Dr.Chan's patients for many years and I can say he is one of THE BEST doctors in Toronto. He always shows up with a smiling face and apologies if I waited more than 15-20 minutes. He is very knowledgeable and never rushes me when I am asking questions. I can feel deeply that he is a very caring doctor. I am very lucky to have a such wonderful family doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1141933].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 1, 2011

Dr. Chan is a good doctor. But the receptionists are extremely rude with terrible manners.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1141932].votes_count ]]